I have started my new job and I LOVE IT! I did one full week that was full of Holiday Parties, Client Events, and lots of trainings. The second week, I only had to work 3 days, since they gave everyone Thursday and Friday off from Christmas, which was nice. AND, I get the same schedule this coming week, too! Starting a new job around the Holidays is perfect - I really get to ease into the new position without a lot of stress. So far it's a lot of training, reading, meeting new people and just getting an idea of how the agency works. I am really enjoying myself and VERY glad that I took this job. It's fascinating, a very worthy cause, and I really feel like I am collaborating with wonderful professionals to make a difference in the community.
The boys are adjusting to the changes in our home schedule with me working full time now. Drew's schedule is virtually unchanged, except for the fact that I drop his off at school half an hour before class starts, so he has to hang out in the cafeteria before he can go to his classroom. He doesn't mind, he always hooks up with one of his friends and socializes for that time frame. Colin likes his nursery school, although, I am sure it's going to take a few more weeks of him really getting into the routine of being dropped off every week day. He initially things we are going to a playdate and the last few drop offs, was very upset that I was not staying with him. It will take some time, but I am sure he will be fine.
The Holidays have been fun. My mom and in-laws came for Christmas and are staying the weekend. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend are coming to visit tomorrow and then, my mom and I are leaving to drive down to NYC to visit my sister and boyfriend. We hope to catch a show while we are down there. It should be a nice weekend.
Happy Holidays to all my friends and family that follow this blog! I hope that you are having a wonderful Holiday with your family!
1 comment:
Aww I am so glad to hear that things are moving along so smoothly for you! I am with you... Colin will get used to the routine very soon and him not used to it will be a thing of the past! Have fun in NY
Post a Comment