Friday, December 12, 2008

Last Day

So, tomorrow is my last day at the bank. It's been bitter sweet the past few days at work. You know how it is, when you are leaving a job and you have other things to look forward to (i.e a new job, a new baby - at least these are the two events that occurred when I put in resignation letters before) and those last few weeks just drag on because you aren't invested in the job anymore? Well, that was what I was going through. I could have cared less about decisions or what new things were going on. I just wanted the days to fly by, so I could just begin my new journey already! 

Well, the last few days have definately kept me busy! Yesterday we were on the verge of a snow/ice storm, so the bank was buzzing with customers getting ready, plus we had technical issues steaming from our headquarters in Bufallo, who already was getting the worst of the storm. Then, today was the storm aftermath, and being of the only few branches with power and able to open and function, we were supporing all local business for the day. Thankfully, the days ended on a smooth note and there weren't any big issues that we had to deal with. 

I did get a small gift from the branch today, which was nice. They presented me with a crystal glass candy dish to be able to use on my desk, so that I had nice treats for my clients and employees. It was very thoughtful of them and it was very appreciated!

Tomorrow is my last day. I always loved working on Saturdays, except for the fact that I had to get to work at an unusually early hour of 7:30 am, it was nice because I was in charge for the day and it was very relaxed and fun. I had my normal crew of all the part timers that worked with me, and then we got to rotate the full timers each week, as they took turns having every other weekend off. It worked out really well, and they were the most enjoyable days of the week. I plan to do the same tomorrow. Just enjoy the day, the company of my friends and coworkers, and my Saturday "usual" customers. It's been tough to tell my customers that I am leaving, but I always end it with "I'll see you around!"
 

2 comments:

Family of Many said...

Ok congrats on the new job but wait a second... your pregnant???
Did I read that correctly??
Ok you better send me an email!!LOL
CONGRATS AGAIN!

Laura said...

No, you goof! LOL! That was just a life event that made me leave a job! I think I would have told you if I were, which I am not! ;-)