Saturday, January 24, 2009

January's Fresh Start

So, January has TOTALLY flew by! I can't believe that we only have a week left of the month! The New Year definately has been busy for us.

Drew was glad to get back to school after his long Holiday break. He loves his friends and doing his school work so much, he actually gets bored at home if we don't find something to occupy his time from the minute he gets up to when it's time for bed. He actually gets excited to do his homework, and when he finishes in less than 20 minutes (for a week's worth of work) we have to go to workbooks that thankfully we got from Grammy and Uncle David to keep him going!

Colin is FINALLY getting used to going to Nursery School. He was really not happy when I left him there for the first few weeks after the Holidays because he was so used to being home with the family. But, now he knows that he has to go to "school" like his big brother, so he gets very excited now when we get there in the morning. He never forgets to give Drew and I a big kiss good-bye and he always waves and blows kisses to us as we leave, but as soon as the door shuts, he is running in with his class to get started with the day. I am happy with the transition. His school has some disorganizational issues that I have yet to iron out with them (losing his mittens, hat and scarf - that I knit for him- and not finding them for days!, no notes coming home with important information for us), but other than that, he seems to be happy. 

Work has been getting busier for me, which is to be expected, since the first few weeks on the job were all Holiday weeks and quite frankly very casual and laid back. I have been jumping right in and getting my team on track with their paperwork, which has been falling behind due to lack of supervision. I have a new team member starting next week, which I will be orientating and training for the next month or so. Plus, I will probably have a 4th employee that I will be supervising within the next week or so, as well. It's going to be a ride, for sure! But, it's all good. I am really enjoying what I am doing and really feel like I am making a difference. 

2 comments:

Family of Many said...

Glad to hear all is moving along smoothly with your job and the boys going to school! Its always tough to adjust to a new routine but everyone seems to be taking it well so kudos to you mom!!

ShellyH said...

January is a great month always a good month to start something new!