So much has happened this past year that I feel sad that I didn't capture it as much as I would like to have. I used to love having a journal and writing in it the happenings of my life. Not that I thought that my life was so exciting, but the reflection and recounting of events was helpful for me to make decisions and take action for what I wanted in my future. I am going to try and get back into it this year, and see how it improves my psyche, my goal achievements, and my overall outlook on life.
So far, 2010 has started off very low key. Last night was spent with Matt and the boys playing Wii for most of the night and munching on pizza and snacks, and for me, a couple glasses of wine. It wasn't a very social way to end the new year, which is how I envision the way New Year's Eve should be spent, but with Matt having to work that night, it was too much hassle to coordinate going out and then getting home in time for him to get ready for work. But, in the end, it was a fun night. We had quality family time, the boys were in bed by 9:30, Matt got to sleep for a hour before he had to get ready for work, I got a nice, long, quiet, hot shower before bed, and I ended up falling asleep to the news, but was woken up briefly for a Happy New Year kiss from Matt just before he left for work. Not a bad way to end the year...
This morning was a just as low key as last night. I made cinnamon buns for breakfast, and when Matt got home he offered to play with the boys while I made a quick trip to the Y for a New Year's work out. I actually got in a 45 minute work out and burned over 500 cals! The rest of the day is not scheduled at all. Matt's aunt Toni is having her annual New Year's party downstairs tonight with all her friends invited. We will most likely stop by for some eats and a hello to everyone, so that will be a nice.
Happy 2010! Now I have to work on what exactly are my goals for this new year. To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment