Here it is! My very own, home-made composter! We don't have a big back yard to do a traditional compost pile, so I decided to go the "urban" route and turn a trash can into a composter. Formula: drill 1/2 inch holes around the sides and bottom of a plastic trash can. Put a layer of dirt (or already made compost) and start adding your garden and kitchen scraps! Layer with grass clippings and leaves after you add a layer of your compostables. Here's to a good gardening starter next year!!!
My clothes line! Yes, with all the going green talk, the first suggestion of doing something easy and simple is to put up and "use" a clothes line. I couldn't put up a traditional line and pully system, so I opted for a "tree." I am proud to say that I dug the hole, poured the cement, and leveled the post ALL BY MYSELF! But, on the other hand, this is sadly the second time I have used this all summer. (Well, I did put it up earlier this month, so not too bad.) The rain has been a huge deterant. Plus, just getting used to walking outside with the laundry, instead of just easily putting it into the dryer next door to the washer is some getting used to! I am trying! And to top it off... these are my cloth diapers and training pants that I use on Colin to even double the "green-ness" of this act!
Go Green!

2 comments:
Aww good job!! I was super excited last month because our town out here offered us FREE compost bins. I will have to take pictures and post everything when I get a chance! Marc has been doing the gardening this year but its crazy how much has grown. I think we need to trade some weather... give us some rain and we will give you some sunshine!!
Yay for this post! Jacob loves helping me hang things on the clothesline. Maybe you can get your boys to help and that wii motivate you to do more with it!
Post a Comment