Summer has been good so far. I haven't been too over burdened with my work schedule, and purposefully didn't do so because I wanted to enjoy the summer with the boys, knowing that Drew will be starting Kindergarden in the Fall. Plus, the summer is meant for family, fun, and relaxing in my opinion. Pool days, park days, and spending carefree time with friends and family is what I like to do with the boys over the summer, so I wanted to make sure that we get as much time in as we can.
Lately I have been *playing* with a little garden this summer, too. I decided to start with potted herbs, which then lead to planting summer squash and zucchini. I just got some lettuce and cucumbers from my mom, and my garden is getting full! Now I am going to have to see if my plants will actually produce any fruit! At this point my potted basil is starting to get tall enough to cut, and one of my summer squash plants even has a flower! If this becomes a fruitful summer, I might have to think about investing in a community garden next summer!
1 comment:
You have been busy! You continually amaze me with your energy for new projects and endeavors...can't wait to catch up soon. Drew can show off his new skills and teach Jacob a thing or two.
Post a Comment