Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring is Coming!

Yes, I can definitely say that it is coming and ON TIME this year!

It's St Patrick's Day, and it really feels like Spring this week. With the time change to 'Spring Ahead' this past weekend, which made the evenings so much longer with more time to be outside before dark. Granted, the mornings seem to come a bit faster, but I am forgiving about that by the time 6 pm rolls around and I know that I have enough time to get out for a run around the neighborhood before it gets dark, while the boys play in the back yard (even Matt!).

With Spring comes more sunlight, and busier (than normal) schedules! Drew just finished his season of Basketball, which he missed 3 of his games due to being sick with pneumonia over Winter Break, but got to go to his last game and cheered on his friends that made it to the All-Star Team. Now, Drew is back with his indoor soccer league, which will take him to Opening Day for Little League. Soccer and Baseball are definitely his two favorite sports. I think we might have to look into sports camps for these games this summer. Now that Drew has been playing for a couple of years, he's really shown an interest in these to get better and be a bit more competitive.

Colin is finally old enough to play T-ball this year! He is *so* excited!!! It's been 2 long years of him watching his big brother play in the games, so now he is ready to get on his own team and show them what he's got! Let's just see if he has the attention span to do it!

Colin has been working hard at school with his special ed teachers to make sure that his speech and learning is up to speed for Pre-K next year. He really doesn't have an interest to be just like the "others" in school, and likes to learn by "doing", so the special teachers have been doing a great job at helping find a happy medium for his learning style and the rest of the work that is done in the classroom. He really has learned a lot this year and is becoming a very curious, thoughtful and sensitive little boy!

Drew is doing very well in 1st grade. I don't think he has taken less than a 101% home on his spelling tests this year, and his math tests are almost as stellar. He really does enjoy his classroom work and it helps that he loves his teacher, as well. She moved up with his entire class last year, so we are going to miss her when school ends this year when we know that this will be good-bye.

Matt is busy, busy, busy at work. His new rotating schedule has definitely kept us all on our toes. Some weeks, we don't know when he has a day off until he's home that night. Overall, we are managing, though.

My job is never dull as well. I love supervising and training my staff, but the job hiring process has been a constant in my life, which never gives me time to do my "work" at work. I tend to have to get stuff done at home in order to not fall behind, so it can get gruiling at times when the only time that I have to myself at time is when it's time to go to bed! I am working harder at time management at work, though, so I hope that this becomes less frequent... soon!

All in all we are well, and looking forward to warmer weather, more time spent together as a family, and a Sping and Summer full of FUN!

No comments: