So, I sent out my resume to two places. One was an administrative assistant position at the NY S Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers. It was listed as a PT position and I can certainly do administrative duties. The other one was an Event Planning position for the AIDS Council of NENY. It was listed as PT, as well. The AIDS Council called me in for an interview last week, not for the event planner position, but for a Client Services Manager position. The position is FT and a M-F job with 9-5 hours. At first I wasn't sure if I was ready for a Full Time job, but after the interview and giving it some more thought... if the salary works out, I am actually getting excited about going back into Social Work.
The interview was on Thursday and I got a call this afternoon and left me a message to call them back because they had some additional questions to ask me. I didn't get the message until after they left for the day, so I will call them back first thing in the morning. I am actually pretty excited about it. I am not going to get my hopes up, though. I still don't know if the logistics of me working full time would work out financially and for my family. Colin is definately socially ready for a preschool program, but I don't know if "I" am ready to leave him in the care of someone else for the majority of the day, 5 days a week, yet. Time will tell and in the mean time my mind and heart are working through the "what if's".
2 comments:
Thats a tough decision to make! I am sure as time passes you will make the right decision! Good luck on getting offers from both places you applied to!
Congrats on the interview and getting back "out there". I know you will make the right decision! Love ya.
Post a Comment