Sunday, December 16, 2007

3 Month Update

So, since September started... life has been hectic. I started a new PT job, Drew went to preschool, and life as we knew it has changed.

In a 3 month review of things, I am actually quite happy with the changes. Drew loves school. Drew and Colin love going to the babysitters - which happens 3 afternoons a week. And believe it or not, I am actually enjoying going to work!

There are, of course, stressors at work that I have to deal with, but it's positive stress for me. I like it ,because it makes me grow as a professional person. I like having something for me and being able to contribute to my bills, which have been piling up for the past 2.5 years that I haven't worked. I actually feel that my mountain of stress is slowly being relieved every day that I go to work. And to be perfectly honest... going to work is A LOT easier than parenting! It actually feels like a respite... sad, but true. Besides, I appreciate my family so much more now that I have time away from them a little bit, but yet, I still have a significant amount of freedom in my schedule and can plan a lot of "mommy and boys" time when I am not working. So, all in all... it's working out.

1 comment:

xmas said...

Yeah, we're glad for your "mommy and boys" time too! And also, isn't it nice to have a place to get dressed up to go to?