Saturday, July 14, 2007

Anniversary of Marriage

It's been 6 years since our wedding day. I woke up this morning to a dozen roses and a beautiful card waiting for me on the kitchen table. Matt must have gotten up extra early this morning to go to the store to get them for me, before he had to get ready for work and leave by 6:30 AM this morning. Isn't he sweet?!

In 6 years:

  • I graduated college with my Bachelors degree in social work, Matt with his in Criminal Justice. I started my Masters in the Fall of 2002, but only did 1 year, as I was pregnant with our first child that entire school year.
  • I started my social work career working for 4 years for a small not-for-profit agency helping the unemployed/underemployed find and maintain jobs, as well as, be a life coach for them. Matt worked full time as a police dispatcher for 3 years, and then started the police academy in June 2003 and graduated in December of that year to work as a deputy for the local sheriff's department.
  • We've had two beautiful boys, Andrew in April 2003 and Colin in December 2005, that have sealed the love of our marriage by magnifying it TWICE as much!
  • We've had ups and downs that every marriage goes through, but in the end we always know that we are forever committed to each other and have no doubt that we are going to live the rest of our lives together - through the good times and the tough times (because no time is ever a bad time).
My heart is yours forever, Angelove! Happy Anniversary!

No comments: